The Black Economic Alliance Foundation is the 501c3 charitable nonprofit affiliate of the Black Economic Alliance—a nonpartisan coalition of business leaders and aligned advocates committed to driving economic progress for the Black community through public policy, advocacy, and engagement with government and business leaders. Led by a board that includes executives from a range of industries including media, finance, pharmaceutical, nonprofit, and tech, BEA uses its collective power and business acumen to advance public policies and private sector practices that will improve work, wages, and wealth for Black Americans. The BEA Foundation works with leaders in the private, public, and nonprofit sectors to produce, research, and analyze data to diagnose the obstacles to Black economic mobility and prescribe practical solutions to create better access to good paying jobs, livable wages, and wealth creation for Black people. The BEA Foundation also crafts programs that convene industry leaders around initiatives that will produce better economic outcomes for Black people.
The Black Economic Alliance is composed of a flagship 501c4 social welfare organization, the BEA Foundation, and two political action committees. All activities of the Foundation and the PAC stay completely segregated, but the 501c4 sits on top of all BEA entities and engages with the Foundation and the PACs.
Reporting to the BEA Executive Director, the Head of Foundation will be responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and strategic plan of the Foundation. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach. The Head will be primarily responsible for strategy, operations, grant management, and program management for the BEA Foundation. The Head will hire three staff members to conduct research, analysis, policy development, program development, grant writing, and grant making (primarily to sub-grantees).
- Report to and work closely with the BEA Executive Director and Board of Directors on policy decisions, fundraising, and to increase the overall visibility of the organization.
- Supervise and collaborate with BEA Foundation staff, and staff of the other BEA entities.
- Lead strategic planning and implementation for the BEA Foundation.
- Planning and operation of annual budget.
- Serve as primary spokesperson to the Foundation’s constituents, the media and the general public.
- Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance the Foundation’s mission.
- Engage in fundraising and developing other revenues.
- Oversee marketing and other communications efforts.
- Establishing employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the Foundation.
- Review and approve contracts for services.
- Other duties as assigned by the BEA Executive Director and Board of Directors.
- Must embrace the mission and objectives of the Black Economic Foundation.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college. Post-graduate degree preferred.
- Transparent and high-integrity leadership.
- Five or more years senior nonprofit management experience.
- High level strategic thinking and planning.
- Ability to envision and convey the organization’s strategic future to the staff, board, volunteers and donors.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff.
- A history of successfully generating new revenue streams and improving financial results.
- Active fundraising experience. Excellent donor relations skills and understanding of the funding community.
- Previous success in establishing relationships with individuals and organizations of influence including funders, partner agencies and volunteers.
- Solid organizational abilities, including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
- Strong financial management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision making and reporting.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong public speaking ability.
- Strong work ethic with a high degree of energy.
- Experience and skill working with a Board of Directors.
Competitive/commensurate with experience and qualifications.
This is a full-time position. The Head of the Foundation will be based in the United States. The preference is for this position to reside NYC or Washington, DC.Apply Today