We are a nonpartisan alliance of Black business leaders and allies focused on driving economic progress for the Black community through public policy, advocacy, and engagement with government and business leaders.
What We Do
- Advance an economic policy agenda focused on improving economic outcomes for Black Americans in three core areas: work, wages, and wealth.
- Through our PAC, support candidates for office who are aligned with that agenda by providing endorsements and funding key elections.
- Hold government officials across the political spectrum accountable to that agenda.
- Through our Foundation, craft programs to invest in proven methods to drive Black economic mobility and advance research and data analysis to support BEA’s economic policy agenda.
- The Black Economic Alliance is ultimately a partnership of individuals and organizations who are committed to advancing economic progress in Black communities. We cannot do this work without your support.
How You Can Help
BEA grew out of a convening of Black business and civic leaders who have raised money for philanthropies and political campaigns on an ad hoc basis. We decided it was time to come together and collectively leverage our resources in the service of economic justice for the Black community.
BEA will identify and support policies, organizations, and initiatives that champion economic opportunities for Black Americans, and we will partner with public, private, and nonprofit leaders to make sure they deliver results.
It’s time to make our government, the business community, and nonprofit sectors alike more responsive to the needs of the Black community. But we can’t do it alone. Sign up, donate, and join the BEA to help advance issues aligned with our mission of increasing work, wages, and wealth for Black Americans. To learn more about BEA, view our one pager.